Juwel Heaters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

joshjames

Fishaholic
Reaction score
iv got 2 juwel heaters running in my tank and neither of them seem to be doing much, both are set at 28 degrees but tank measures at roughly 23-24 which isnt warm enough really.
they have been replaced a few times now and no juwel heater i seem to get works. has anyone else had this problem with juwel heaters?

Yup, the never ever reach the temp you set them to. I have a 300w running, set on full whack, just about hits 25c in the tank :rolleyes: If the reason you replace them for more juwels is so they fit in the juwel filter system, then dont bother, most heaters fit in there.

yea i think ill get a different make if that would make any difference?

I recommend Jager heaters (made by eheim so you know theres quality there). They also use less electricity than most, but beware they are bigger than other heaters.

I swear by Visi Therm heaters. Constantly voted the best and most reliable by PFK magazine. They're excellent and you can get them from an Ebay seller, AquaKoi And Aquatics, brand-new for half the price you'll pay in an lfs. I got a 200w for £11.95 plus p&p recently. Very reliable and usually very close to the temp. set.

I had the opposite problem with my juwel heater - the thermostat packed in and fried all my fish. To be fair though, that is a common problem regardless of the heater. I went in for a new heater to my LFS and they said "oh yeh Juwel ones are c***, you want one of these instead", and sold me a different brand (cant remember which), and its been fine.

Since I had a ruck of problems with both Juwel and Rena Heaters I have been using Fluval Tronics with great results
(They have now been upgraded to the E series; but are still readily available)

Most reactions

trending

Back