juwel 180 internal filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

allan.mcdougall

Reaction score
I have just bought a 2nd hand Juwel 180 and quickly transferred fish and plants form a leaking older tank, quite successfully so far. I am using my external aquis canister but tried starting up the internal filter. The tank is filled to just below its outlet. Once the air bubble sstop, the flow of water is very vigourous indeed (Too much?) but then the volume of water in the filter drops quickly and it would seem that the powerhead is not receiving water quickly enough to replenish itself. I cant see any blockage to the inlet valves of the filter case (low down on the side) Any ideas? There asre no weeds or gravel on the side of the case. The bottom of the case is in the gravel but has no inlet holes on it anyway. Thanks for suggestions

Have you filled the tank to the water level indicated on the inside of the tank (top of right hand wall)?
Is the filter spout included and attached?
Have you put sponges in the canister?
A photo could help.

Most probably the medias(sponges,etc) in the internal filter are clogged.
Can you clean or change the medias in the internal filter and retest again?

Or probably the powerhead isn't working properly.
Put the powerhead in a pail to check it first before putting it in the aquarium.

Hard to solve it without seeing a photo/video of what is happening...

thankyou both for replying. The problem is solved: I am an idiot. I did not understand properly how the filter worked . I found an excellent video on u tube which showed me what I was doing wrong and how to set it up well. Up and running now. If all else fails find the instructions!

Manufacturers' websites are a good place to look for instruction manuals :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back