I was in the LFS recently and there was a fish that looked dead and then at another LFS was another the same. turned out it was not dead but it looks like its upsidedown all the time and they sit on the surface. there wierd....
Were they upside down catfish? Or butterfly fish perhaps, they are pretty odd looking.
And yes, that goldfish isn't supposed to be that way. It's clearly got swimbladder. I hope they're doing something for it.
I recall a few years ago that a woman had a goldfish who had swimbladder, and he was having trouble eating obviously, so she got a couple of tiny weights ( the sort fishermen use perhaps? can't remember ) and some cotton, and made him a sort of harness with the weights attached, so that he could swim upright and feed properly. It was on the news.
I read it in paper too. Apparantly its been like it for few years. There's another one that's been on the news localy and the vet has made a sling for it with corks to float it,, so it can use its fins to swim but won't roll over now.
I have a goldfish who hasn't been able to swim upright for a year now, she stays on her side. She still scoots and eats from my hand though
I've seen those slings online as well, thought about trying it. If I do I'll be sure to post pics!