Just Found Assassin Snail Eggs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pablothebetta

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I just found some assassin eggs in my tank and I'm wondering how many snails I might end up with - I really don't want to end up with a 'population explosion' of them like I ended up with my bladder snails which came in on a plant (the reason I got the assassins in the first place). Will I only experience a lot of young assassins if there are enough young bladder snails for them to feed on? There doesn't seem to be too many bladder snails around these days (you could spot a few if you looked in the tank, but no where near the number I used to have). How many assassins have people had themselves?I didn't really count the eggs, but I'd guess there's at least 10 visible eggs in there on my wood.

Thanks

you should sell them, i first put 4 Malaysian Trumpet Snails in my tank 2 years ago n I've sold about 1500 in the past year @ 10p each. Im not sure how much assassins go for think about 50p - £1

you should sell them, i first put 4 Malaysian Trumpet Snails in my tank 2 years ago n I've sold about 1500 in the past year @ 10p each. Im not sure how much assassins go for think about 50p - £1

Thanks - I may consider this or something similar, there's an LFS not too far from me who would probably have any I didn't want. It'll probably depend on how many I end up with and how many survive, I think :good:

its defiantly worth it, funded me to buy some discus, the post office did get bored of me turning up everyday tho lol

I just found some assassin eggs in my tank and I'm wondering how many snails I might end up with - I really don't want to end up with a 'population explosion' of them like I ended up with my bladder snails which came in on a plant (the reason I got the assassins in the first place). Will I only experience a lot of young assassins if there are enough young bladder snails for them to feed on? There doesn't seem to be too many bladder snails around these days (you could spot a few if you looked in the tank, but no where near the number I used to have). How many assassins have people had themselves?I didn't really count the eggs, but I'd guess there's at least 10 visible eggs in there on my wood.

Thanks

Funnily enough, I did end up with a population explosion, but assassins take ages to grow to a saleable size. I bought 6 and ended up swapping about 40 for a bag of black sand.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back