Jewel Vision Heater Help Please

JSmails

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
Points
0
My heater which is in the internal filter on my Jewel Vision 260 is giving me a headache :crazy: It has no numbered temp gauge on it instead the - to + gauge. When I set it up I could not get it below 26 degrees and decided just to settle at that but now its suddenly gone up a degree. Im trying to play around with it but its doing my head in to try and work out where to put the dial. Has anyone any experience with this?

My problem is that when the lights come on they tend to push it up a degree and I feel 28 is too hot :unsure:

I cant get to the shop till Monday to look at getting a new one, so any advice would be greatly welcomed as to where on earth to set the dial.
 
I wouldn't worry too much about it. You are never going to get the temp to stick at one figure as their is too many things that affect it such as room temp, tank lights etc

My tank fluctuates between 26-28c and these 2 temps are fine for a community tank

Andy
 
You have to work out by trial and error where to set the dial. I found on my rio 125 that half way was right. I counted the number of clicks from one extreme to the other, then set it half way by counting clicks.

You could try turning the heater off and letting the temp drop slightly (though that may take a while if it's as warm where you are as it is here!), then turn the heater dial to the minimum end and every few hours turn it up a couple of clicks till it gets to what you want. Make a note of how far you turn it in case you ever need to reset it (eg after turning temp up to treat whitespot). It's annoying when you can't remember!
 
I HATE heaters with no numbers, is it really such a hardship to add numbers or just one number as a rough guide. All this fiddling about to work it out is a pain. I went and bought one with numbers in the end!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top