Jellyfish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

DarkSide

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well I remember a while ago I saw a lthing about a little girl finding Freshwater Jellyfish the size of a qauter in a pond in her home town. Other people started looking in diffrent ponds and such and more were found. Has anyone sucessfully kep these jellyfish in an established aquarium with fish and the works?

Oh thanks :D It tells the distribution in Canada so I may be able to go over to BC and get some and try raising them in a Canadian species tank. ay.. It says there really hard to keep and the filtration can't be strong so I my get some problems..

Oh, yes!!! I find those in a few different lakes around here. Every few years, we get whole clouds of them. They're really cool; don't sting, either. I've never been able to keep any alive for any amount of time, though.

Since they are small and dont sting chances are that they eat phyto and zooplankton, possibly even microcrustaceans like baby daphnia and copeopods, I would suggest that the best way to keep them would be in a pond corraled away from fish that might eat them.

Most reactions

Back