I've Removed The Paper Out Of My Heater....burning Hazard?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

-Jo-

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Today is the day where I have been slowly putting together my aquarium! Yay!

I recently bought the SuperFish Nano Heater 50W to put in the tank. I was slightly concerned when I saw that inside, and at the top of the glass tube where all the LED's and less attractive bits and bobs that work the heater are - had a piece of paper wrapped around them with the name and advertising of the product. Being paper and being so close to a hot source - it concerned me all the more. I took the top of the heater off and took the paper out. Was this an ok thing to do?

Its a submersible heater aswell - but as its only a small heater - Im guessing that it cant be totally submersible as the wire will be in the water?

Today is the day where I have been slowly putting together my aquarium! Yay!

I recently bought the SuperFish Nano Heater 50W to put in the tank. I was slightly concerned when I saw that inside, and at the top of the glass tube where all the LED's and less attractive bits and bobs that work the heater are - had a piece of paper wrapped around them with the name and advertising of the product. Being paper and being so close to a hot source - it concerned me all the more. I took the top of the heater off and took the paper out. Was this an ok thing to do?

Its a submersible heater aswell - but as its only a small heater - Im guessing that it cant be totally submersible as the wire will be in the water?

Its fine to get the cable in the water. Just remember to have a bit of a loop of cable below the plug so if water does run down, it wont go in to the plug itself.

Most reactions

Back