It's a jungle out there!

Hi rain :)

That is one beautiful tank! :clap: :thumbs: :clap:

But why don't you have it filled all the way to the top with water? :unsure:

Hehee, now that's what I call well-planted! Do you ever see your fish there? ;)

You say you have 4 honey gouramis, how many males/females? I'd love to get some of them for about a 60l tank, but have always heard that you can only have one in a tank that size. I suppose all those plants help?

:D

Low water level is because I don't want my shrimps or zebra snails to climb off. Zebra snails have the same tendency as apple snails. If you don't stop them some way, they will propably climb off the tank, drop to the floor and die :/

And there are two honey gourami males and two females. They get along quite well, dense vegetation helps alot. The males have their own bubble nests in different parts of the tank.

Oww, I found the first picture of this setup with water in it (14.12.2003):

superhyperoptimoitu.jpg

Looks a bit different, doesn't it? ;)

Oh rain, I :wub: your tank!

It certainly has changed. :nod:

How long ago was that picture taken? :unsure:

That's absolutely amazing! :thumbs:

I saw the date on it but thought it must mean something else. I'm stunned!

How did you do that? Is it all that light, or did you do other things to accelerate growth as well? :unsure:

I am a bit wacko when it comes to planted tanks. There is a layer of peat and red clay in the bottom, then some houseplant fertiliser granules, lots of sand and some Tetra Crypto tablets and clay/peat/PMDD -balls. I add PMDD 4 times a week and there is also CO2-thingy. Oh, and I add peat extract when I do the 1/2 water change once a week.

Is a tank like this mainly about plants, or could it carry a full load of fish as well? I'm thinking about whether or not the fertilizers would hurt the fish. :dunno:

Well, the house plant fertiliser could release nitrates and phosphate to the water column, but with the fertilisers meant for aquarium plants there wont be any problems.

I have had lots of fish in my planted tanks without problems.

I tried to take pictures of the honey gouramis. Didn't work. I only got Poju flaring at his mirror image.

flaring2.jpg

flaring3.jpg

IM SURE THERE WAS A JAP SNIPER IN THAT TREE :crazy:
AWSOME TANK AND LUV YA BETTA

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back