Is This Normal For A Cherry Shrimp?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I noticed this cherry shrimp in one of my tanks this afternoon and was just wondering if all the speckling dots of white all over its body is normal, could it be white spot ? Or my mine starting to mutate and develop new colours to the standard red?

P1050491.jpg

P1050492.jpg

P1050494.jpg

P1050499.jpg

P1050510.jpg

I have never seen spots like that on a Cherry before. It sure looks like Ich to me, but then again I have not heard of shrimp catching it. Strange.

I thought it looked odd and its only on this one or two in a particular tank. Heres some more pictures of the shrimp in question

P1050511.jpg

P1050495.jpg

Sorry this last photo is over exposed but it also shows off the spots, especially on the tail.

P1050498.jpg

As you can see from the photos there is also some nice healthy normal cherry's in the same tank.

Are the ones in question still eating and moving around as normal? Do the spots seem to be getting worse?

They seem to be happy little clams, moving all over the tank, feeding, hard to tell if the spots are getting worse or more. I would have expected them all to be showing dots if infected with some virus.

google cherry shrimp and look at the images. A ton of them look like that. Must be normal.

I have a couple that color in my tank. It is a standard color for them. I have also noticed that the only ones that shape and color are male shrimp. Not sure if there's any relation.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back