Is This Finrot?

tranmobile

New Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
hey so i have a 25 gallon
2 filters
planted
2 goldfish
1 bristlenose
ammonia is 0

one of my bristlenose and eggfish goldfish seem to be loosing there tail fins. the ends look very ragged and new rips keep coming overtime. but the fins are not outlined in white or gray just look shredded??
fin rot?
 
Hello, welcome!

It seems as though the problem you are asking about is fin rot. My Betta has fin rot, so I know what you are describing. Fin rot is a bacterial disease, but I am not sure if other fish can catch fin rot like they can white spot. I would say, maybe try Maracyn or Maracyn 2 by Mardel.

Here is a site that is helpful in using Maracyn so that you can effectively treat your fish.
http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:oGghR...;cd=1&gl=us
 

Most reactions

Back
Top