Is This Expensive

Fishy_7

Fish Crazy
Joined
Apr 11, 2005
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Essex, UK
I walked into an fish shop near my work, looking for Blue Rams to buy after work. They had some, there were relatively large but the largest I have seen and in good shape. The asking price is £7.50 each.

Does that sound expensive??
 
I instinctly asked the guy whether it was for a pair but I couldn't remember what I paid as it was almost 2 years ago I bought some
 
I've seen them for 3-4pounds around here. Are they quite rare around your way? (Maybe its the 'credit crunch!)

Not rare but rare to see them that size I suppose. Tri-mar (online seller) are selling males for £6. I suppose £7 for a shop is about right??
 
Bought mine for £4.99 each. Another LFS was doing them for a pound cheaper but didnt look in as good shape, so paid the extra.
 
If I see a fish I want that I know hardly ever appears in my area then, as long as I can afford it, then I buy it regardless of price. Price doesn't really come into it if it's a fish I want.

If you can afford that price and you really want them then go for it :good:
 
If I see a fish I want that I know hardly ever appears in my area then, as long as I can afford it, then I buy it regardless of price. Price doesn't really come into it if it's a fish I want.

If you can afford that price and you really want them then go for it :good:


yeah i agree on that score, go for it, treat urself xxxxxx
 
My local MA was selling small ones for £6 (£10/pair) or £8 each for the bigger ones. I was happy paying that amount given they were in the best condition of any of my LFS's.
 
i pay $2.50 for rams in my area so its uhh, £1.25? i'd say £7.50 is crazy. but thats for me to say cause of my location.
 
Thanks for the feedback guys! I bought a male and intend to buy a female at the end of this week. Pricing is OK - dear but it is a good speciment, bright colours and lively, so worth the money I guess. Thanks.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top