Is She Dropping?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HCpetraitis

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just noticed my MM platy is kinda showing birth symptoms. SHe is hiding in the corner and she is bretahing DEEP! She looks a little square but I'm not the best at telling. Here are some of her pictures of her. SHe's in the trap and I'll keep her in there for the night just to be sure.

003-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

I'm hoping for babies tonight!

She dose look quite near, but hard to say 100%

Good luck with her though.

OH my GOSH!!! I kept her in the trap all last night and I think she got swim bladderr or something! She can't swim staright and I didn't see any babies so I just let her out and now she is acting like she has swim bladder! What do I do?!?!?!

probably isn't swim bladder. Generaly when fish are prego and are about to drop, the swim around all eratic and in weird ways and directions. Thats what I found with my guppy who gave birth this morning! hope you get a bunch of babies :)

hmm, yeah it defo looks like she will be dropping soon. hope you can update us with some pics of the babies! :lol:

good luck, and i doubt its swim bladder, as it is usuall for all fish to get like that when they are near droping. should be fine :) good luck x

Thanks for all the help but I kept her in the trap and when I got home I found my floating trap upside down in my tank and the platy lying on the bottom. I guess she died of stress?!? I;m not really sure but I wish she would have had her babies for me to remember her by.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back