is my guppy sick?

mashimaro_0000

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi, i am new to this forum. I have a question here regarding one of my female guppies. since she droped 6 fry about 4 days ago she starts to swim in an awkward manner. she is sloped 45 degrees with her head up and when she swims she doesn't use her tail too much. even she is wiggling very fast but she just moved a bit only. can you guys help me out??? :unsure:

btw she hasn't been eating as well

Maybe she isnt done.
When they get exhausted they stop
and start a few days later but i havent
heard of 4 days.

:no: well sorry to dampen your spirits, but it the future doesnt look to good. Try feeding her some brine shrimp, to boost her energy.
Seperate her from other fish, to chill her out more if shes with others.
No loud music flshing lights water heat changes and any other drastic conditions.
Apart from that, wait, and observe. She could have fry cought in herbirth passage! -_- :no: :fish: :fish: :fish:

spanky_pp_

well sorry to dampen your spirits, but it the future doesnt look to good. Try feeding her some brine shrimp, to boost her energy.
Seperate her from other fish, to chill her out more if shes with others.
No loud music flshing lights water heat changes and any other drastic conditions.
Apart from that, wait, and observe. She could have fry cought in herbirth passage!

you mean a fry is stuck???? how's this possible? and will the fry be digested?? :blink:

Yeah fry can get caught in the ill say it... VAGINA. Just like in humans i suppose.
It doesnt look like that though, as she would be dead by now if it was. How is she looking now? Keep updating us....

nah sadly you just got it right, she just died away this morning when i was on my way out. now my tank only had 2 females left and 3 males tha are being isolated with the females. That guppy borned 20 little fry which is very good... but too bad i couldn't keep her too. :/

still now i really need to get a new 5gal tank for them hope they all will be ok

it's ok. i knew this day will come. just try to raise all the fry that she left behind :nod:

Most reactions

Back