is it safe to feed fish food to cats?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I got curious and tasted the Tetramin fish flakes. They really aren't that bad tasting.

One of my cats likes the shrimp pellets as well.

As mentioned, a very old thread (recognized that quickly when I saw that Bloo was the first reply on it as I haven't seen her around in ages) compliments of Similar Topics. I guess it does still have some relevance though.

As mentioned, a very old thread (recognized that quickly when I saw that Bloo was the first reply on it as I haven't seen her around in ages) compliments of Similar Topics. I guess it does still have some relevance though.

In a way it does have some relevance, the dog I mentioned, a Cairn, lived to a month shy of 16 years old. A daily taste of fish food certainly didn't shorten his life, the years just caught up with him.

I have a couple more terriers now, both under 2 years old, who get the same taste of flakes or pellets nearly daily, so this one may pop up again years from now. :lol:

and im assuming you all know that flake food carries salmonella, which is why you should always wash your hands after feeding your fish...

Sarcasam duly noted.

I'm assuming you know raw meats, poultry, eggs, milk and dairy products, frog legs, yeast, coconut, sauces and salad dressing, cake mixes, cream-filled desserts and toppings, dried gelatin, peanut butter, cocoa, certain vegetables, and chocolate also contain salmonella...

Not to worried about a pinch of tropical flakes, it was a one time thing...not like it was crack cocaine.

I'm not paranoid about germs and don't carry a bottle of Purel hand sanitizer around. With all the stuff that actually contains salmonella you'd eventually be exposed to it or something worse.

I'll probably die from some idiot's second hand smoke or some drunk driver's carelessness first. As much fish water as I've probably accumulated in open cuts and in my mouth when starting the siphon I think I'll be ok.

It wasnt sarcasm...just pointing it out...and yes i know all about what youve pointed out and your sarcasm is duly noted too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back