Is Fish Food Poisonous?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Thanks for the comments everyone. She has shown absolutely no ill effects, and has got through the school day absolutely fine.

She agrees that it doesn't taste very good, by the way :lol: I have told her she can't feed the fish unless I am in the room supervising, as she was also overfeeding him quite badly. Luckily my son is capable of feeding them sensibly, so he can help out.

My Labradoodle, Is a complete dunce and I accidently left my big tub of flakes on the side (you know the big pots) and she ate the whole thing including some of the carboard, and she is fine and still just as stupid...

My cats adore the fish food, if fact, so much that I've had to hide it. I came home one day to the cat with one of the plastic food bags (like what pellets come in) all chewed up. When I tried to take it away the fat monkey took off with it. :blink: I had to chase him all over the house to get it back. :rolleyes: He's such a pain. :wub:

I once ate a few fish flakes as a dare some years back and they didn't do me any harm (apart from them leaving a minging aftertaste in my mouth). However, i would warn you that fish food has been known to carry Salmonella in it, so its obviously not completely safe to eat because of this.

Hmmmm, never tried fish food, but when I was 5, I used to eat dog biscuits, and if I remember correctly, they tasted pretty darn good.

Oh yeah dog biscuits DO taste good!! :drool:
Tried Fish food and although disgusting isnt poisinous. (Im sure you would be sick if you ate a whole tub but not serious).
As for the guy who ate the fish food because the takeaway was shut!

our cats really like the sheets of algae/seaweed that you get to feed marine fish. :rolleyes:

When i was about 4 i scooped a neon out of my dads tank and ate it, didnt do me any harm but my dad was NOT impressed, bed without dinner that night (apart from the neon of course!)

When i was about 4 i scooped a neon out of my dads tank and ate it, didnt do me any harm but my dad was NOT impressed, bed without dinner that night (apart from the neon of course!)

:S :S yuk yuk yuk!

Glad my daughter can't read this, she might start getting ideas :blush:

That reminds me, i ate a danio when i was like 8. I was trying to start the syphon and swallowed the water and him. I could feel him flopping around in my belly. But then he got digested!

Most reactions

Back