Introduction

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Endlersendlers

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all, Iā€™m new here. I came back to the hobby almost a year ago and now have MTS. I used to keep one tank and just upsize it over a period of 10 years, but gave it away when I moved. It started over with a betta and a plant, I decided he needed more room, a 36 gallon bowfront was on sale, he got friends, and so on. There are now 7 tanks with mostly endlers and a 400 gallon pond I built for tilapia, that they are now (amazingly) sharing with a thriving (overflow) population of tiger endlers. I seem to think I built something on the scale of Stonehenge, whereas my husband thinks I stacked a few cinder blocks and heā€™s closer to the truth. Iā€™ll post some pics soon. The tigers were multiplying almost as fast as the tilapia and I finally started selling them to the LFS, and they also wanted Japanese blues and scarlets so now Iā€™m breeding them too, or should I say I feed them and they breed themselves? I have one mystery strain from a pregnant female who hitched a ride with a new batch of tigers I got for genetic diversity, ending up with more diversity than intended so theyā€™ve been separated, and Iā€™d appreciate once I get pictures posted if someone tells me of the know what they might be. I suspect something like peacock endlers but they donā€™t have the white tails or white ring around the spots and I havenā€™t yet seen a match for them online. Perhaps they are just cute mutts, but thereā€™s some consistency like they are trying to revert back to an original strain.

Attachments

• IMG_3358.jpeg
    IMG_3358.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3381.jpeg
    IMG_3381.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3458.jpeg
    IMG_3458.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3390.jpeg
    IMG_3390.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3371.jpeg
    IMG_3371.jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3162.jpeg
    IMG_3162.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2977.jpeg
    IMG_2977.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2895.png
    IMG_2895.png
    536.6 KB · Views: 21
Those are nice guppies , endlerā€™s , whatever you want to call them. And they arenā€™t mutts . Theyā€™re nice. Iā€™d like to see a picture of your Tilapia. Always been curious about them. You have quite a setup by the sound of things.
I bid you welcome to The Great TFF Tropical Fish Forum - World renowned and praised in both song and story.

Well, a warm welcome to TFF... :hi:
I've already seen that you're following me... ;)
Pic#1,2 and 4 are wildtype guppies. Pic#3 however is a cross between an endler and probably a wildtype guppy. If they came from the same batch, it could be that the mother has crossed with a wildtype guppy. A lot of people keep endlers and wildtype guppies together cause they think they're the same. But again, pic#1,2 and 4 show phenotypically wildtype guppies. Crossing wildtype guppy to endler can have an outcome in the offspring where there are phenotypically wildtype guppy and more endler type. It differs per cross.

Hi all, Iā€™m new here. I came back to the hobby almost a year ago and now have MTS. I used to keep one tank and just upsize it over a period of 10 years, but gave it away when I moved. It started over with a betta and a plant, I decided he needed more room, a 36 gallon bowfront was on sale, he got friends, and so on. There are now 7 tanks with mostly endlers and a 400 gallon pond I built for tilapia, that they are now (amazingly) sharing with a thriving (overflow) population of tiger endlers. I seem to think I built something on the scale of Stonehenge, whereas my husband thinks I stacked a few cinder blocks and heā€™s closer to the truth. Iā€™ll post some pics soon. The tigers were multiplying almost as fast as the tilapia and I finally started selling them to the LFS, and they also wanted Japanese blues and scarlets so now Iā€™m breeding them too, or should I say I feed them and they breed themselves? I have one mystery strain from a pregnant female who hitched a ride with a new batch of tigers I got for genetic diversity, ending up with more diversity than intended so theyā€™ve been separated, and Iā€™d appreciate once I get pictures posted if someone tells me of the know what they might be. I suspect something like peacock endlers but they donā€™t have the white tails or white ring around the spots and I havenā€™t yet seen a match for them online. Perhaps they are just cute mutts, but thereā€™s some consistency like they are trying to revert back to an original strain.
Those are nice guppies , endlerā€™s , whatever you want to call them. And they arenā€™t mutts . Theyā€™re nice. Iā€™d like to see a picture of your Tilapia. Always been curious about them. You have quite a setup by the sound of things.
I bid you welcome to The Great TFF Tropical Fish Forum - World renowned and praised in both song a
Well, a warm welcome to TFF... :hi:
I've already seen that you're following me... ;)
Pic#1,2 and 4 are wildtype guppies. Pic#3 however is a cross between an endler and probably a wildtype guppy. If they came from the same batch, it could be that the mother has crossed with a wildtype guppy. A lot of people keep endlers and wildtype guppies together cause they think they're the same. But again, pic#1,2 and 4 show phenotypically wildtype guppies. Crossing wildtype guppy to endler can have an outcome in the offspring where there are phenotypically wildtype guppy and more endler type. It differs per cross.
Thanks for the info! I have some very interesting variants here if they would only hold still or I had a better (faster) camera. These crosses are a lot faster than the tiger endlers and incredible jumpers too. They really donā€™t like nets. Theyā€™re not jumping out of water, thankfully. In my bachelor tank the hybrids are chasing the tigers around. Jealous maybe? My LFS doesnā€™t want the ā€œmuttsā€. I think theyā€™re cute, but maybe not an infinite number in one tank.

I have some very interesting variants here if they would only hold still or I had a better (faster) camera. These crosses are a lot faster than the tiger endlers and incredible jumpers too
Trying taking good pictures of moving fish can be a real challenge. I know all about it.
But yes, more pictures of those fish is highly appreciated...

I bid you welcome to The Great TFF Tropical Fish Forum - World renowned and praised in both song and story.
Sorry about the delayed response as I figured out my way around here. I posted the pond elsewhere, in a new thread ā€œTilapia pond.ā€ I may go back to that and post a photo chronology of the pond build out. Here are pics of the tilapia and their perpetual work-in-progress, make it up as I go pond.
IMG_3794.jpeg
IMG_3746.jpeg
IMG_3781.jpeg
IMG_3739.jpeg
IMG_3612.jpeg
IMG_3589.jpeg
IMG_3564.jpeg
IMG_3536.jpeg
IMG_3526.jpeg
IMG_2865.jpeg
And this is how they began last Juneā€¦
IMG_2625.jpeg