Infertile cory eggs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

guppy78

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi all, I moved my albino cory into my smaller tank (10g) last month as she was a little too boisterous for my smaller schooling fish in my bigger tank (30g), and kept making them all too skittish.

other fish that i had in my smaller tank were 3 guppys.

not long ago i noticed a lot of eggs stuck to the side of the glass (i thought she was a he) untill this happened but i noticed my red cobra guppy was trying to eat them, 1 day later he started to corkscrew a lot and died not long after.
I removed my other 2 guppys and put them into my bigger tank, and took 3 cherry barbs out and put them into my smaller tank as they were becoming too territorial and aggressive, same thing happened, eggs on side of glass, barbs ate them and a day later they died :S

now the cory is in the 10g tank by herself and looks quite bored and miserable, and i really want to put her back into my larger tank and get rid of the 10g one but i guess my question is can those eggs poison and kill fish if they eat them? or is this just a weird coincidence?

both water parameters are fine, I do a 50% water change in both tanks every 4/5 days

thanks all, i just dont wanna risk putting her in with my rasboras/tetras etc if theres a slight chance the same thing will happen : /

Cories need to be in groups. Get her 5 friends. I’m not sure about the egg situation.

Cory eggs are not poisonous to fish. I have 19 Corys in my community tank and none of the eggs ever survive - so I have no idea which are fertile or infertile, but everyone loves spawning season.

@Deanasue is right. She will be thoroughly miserable and stressed without friends of her own kind. What type of cory is she?

Cory eggs are not poisonous to fish. I have 19 Corys in my community tank and none of the eggs ever survive - so I have no idea which are fertile or infertile, but everyone loves spawning season.

@Deanasue is right. She will be thoroughly miserable and stressed without friends of her own kind. What type of cory is she?

heya, shes an albino and she was one of the 1st fish i bought at the beginning of the year, she was only a baby and now shes fully grown, i admit when i first started off fish keeping i had no idea that fish needed groups etc and tbh pets at home shoulda told me when i bought her, ideally id like to return her as i heard they accept fish back, its just a way off from where i live, so waiting for a friend to take me over to see tbh

all my other fish are in groups of 8 or more besides my guppys, ive learned a lot since i started off, thanks to this forum!

but yeah she use to bomb all over the tank and lately shes just sat under a bridge : /

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back