Important Discoveries

gwand

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Another animal in danger

Life is fascinating

Last edited:

Even unicellular and plants show sentient reaction.

How can a plant turn it's leaves toward the sun if it not conscious where it is.

There's no clear evidence to definitively say unicellular organisms are sentient. but they do react to stimulus... It's impossible to differentiate if their responses are due to true awareness or simply sophisticated biological mechanisms... For the moment...

Our understanding of the nature of sentience in simpler forms of life is simply nonexistent.

I'm of those who believe that sentience itself even in the most simple being, is a fundamental property of life.

Even unicellular and plants show sentient reaction.

How can a plant turn it's leaves toward the sun if it not conscious where it is.

There's no clear evidence to definitively say unicellular organisms are sentient. but they do react to stimulus... It's impossible to differentiate if their responses are due to true awareness or simply sophisticated biological mechanisms... For the moment...

Our understanding of the nature of sentience in simpler forms of life is simply nonexistent.

I'm of those who believe that sentience itself even in the most simple being, is a fundamental property of life.
I agree. Panpsychism philosophy captures this position.

I think I'm reading posts from a person enjoying retirement. Isn't it great to have all this time to look into and share stuff that interests you?
I don’t miss work at all and I’m enjoying retirement immensely . It is indeed great to have all this time to look into stuff that interests me . Even greater to have time to pursue things . The above posts confirm my thoughts on fish . Fish are cool .

Most reactions

Back