I'm Impressed With This Medication

Athena

Fish Herder
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
1,620
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kent, UK
Well, on Sunday I noticed that my beautiful Mexican sailfin molly had the most disturbing case of pop eye - it hadn't been there the previous day so I was completely shocked. My water stats are always kept in check and regular changes done weekly - all other fish were fine except Miss Molly. I think it may have been caused by some kind of trauma to the eye, maybe she caught it on something or the red tailed shark may have nipped her, fighting over food...

I've never had a case of pop eye and it looked really awful. This huge balloon type thing around her bulging eye with red streaks, probably blood. Not sure if it was air-filled sack or fluid. Poor love, she did look a terrible sight!

Anyway, luckily for me I had some Myxazin to hand - started treatment immediately and 4 days later she is completely cured!

Wow - so I'm just here to say that even in really bad cases of certain illnesses, if you act quickly and with the right meds you can do a lot to save your fishies.

Athena
 
Yep myxazin is a good med, but can bite you in the posterior if you overdose :) apparently it can effect your water stats.
 
Hi, Athena,
good golly, I'm glad to hear Miss Molly's better.
Thanks so much for mentioning the med that worked - this can be so enormously helpful to people, and to any fish who may be suffering.
And thanks, minxfishy, for pointing out a major potential drawback of which users would need to be aware.
Sometimes one can learn just as much snooping around the threads here as one could specifically asking for advice.
Now if only I could come across a mention of something I can actually get out this way that'll work on that horrible black finrot...
 
Yes, Minx is right - you have to be extremely careful when measuring out dosages of meds. The clear cap that comes with the Myxazin is great, though, because it has all the measurements on it so you know exactly how much to put in (providing you know how many litres your tank holds).

And always do a 25-50% water change at the end of the treatment, too.

LOL - I just re-read my post and am laughing at what I said "I've never had a case of pop eye..." not sure that us humans can get pop eye, to be honest :hyper:

You know what I meant, I'm sure...

Athena
 

Most reactions

Back
Top