Ikea Furniture As A Tank Stand?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

if its anything like the ikea crap i just got then really no!!!!!! before the back is put in it just pobbled and lent from side to side and the backing is only pinned on so i would test how strong it is side to side movement or definatly get something stronger or make a stand, dont forget the tank will be there 24/7 so will put a lot of stress on the joints which tend to be cheap knock down fittings

As truck said, most 'proper' tank stands are just chipboard. Are they specially engineered to hold the extra weight?

As truck said, most 'proper' tank stands are just chipboard. Are they specially engineered to hold the extra weight?

Supposedly, and from seeing them just barely. Older better built furniture is often more sturdy. It really takes more than a picture to determine if a piece of furniture makes a suitable tank stand, you need some hands on examination.

How about looking down your local dump. I have seem many of the older styles of sideboards at a ridicously cheap price and they are often very study with thick wood. You could also re-enforce it yourself for peace of mind.

Most reactions

Back