🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Xenotaenia resolanae

X. resolanae are very peaceful and one of the easiest of goodieds to keep
IMG_7433 (640x480).jpg
male

I wish that my lfs would sell them :( Such cute and pretty lil fishie.
I love live bearers.
But with goodeids you should know which one to choose. Not all goodeids are good tank mates with other fish. I´ve got goodeid species that are friendly and I´ve got some more aggressive species. And a number of them are good fin nippers.
But I´m huge goodeid fan as well. I don´t mind to have some rough and aggressive goodeid species next to the friendly ones. It keeps it all in balance, huh... ;)

I wish that my lfs would sell them :( Such cute and pretty lil fishie.
I love live bearers.
not all goodieds are available through the pet shop trade a good place to start american livebearer association or if you're in the UK the British Livebearer Association

Last edited:
I don't think that my lfs sells them. Their retailer does sell butterfly ones and few other ones, but the one that is actually local doesn't :(

butterfly goodeid the ameca splendens is a very good one to start with best kept in a species tank or with fish same size or larger they should never be kept with corydoras catfish the ameca's can attack and kill cory's

But with goodeids you should know which one to choose. Not all goodeids are good tank mates with other fish. I´ve got goodeid species that are friendly and I´ve got some more aggressive species. And a number of them are good fin nippers.
But I´m huge goodeid fan as well. I don´t mind to have some rough and aggressive goodeid species next to the friendly ones. It keeps it all in balance, huh... ;)
I keep all mine in species tanks only

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back