If i lower temperature for cories adn

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Tropicalfishfn

Fishaholic
Reaction score
If i lower temature and do a 30% water change to help my cories breed would it effect my other fish

Zebra Danios
Platies
Black Widows

I would specifically lower the tank temperature (tell us what u intend to lower it from and to).

Just doing the water change with cold water is often enough to stimulate them into spawning, make sure they have been conditioned and the female is fat with eggs before you try this as otherwise you are wasting your time ;)

well how much should i turn it down it is at 79 or 80 right now i tried cleaning the tank and adding cold water it didn't work

As William mentioned, Fish must be ready to breed. If the female is not conditioned you will just be wasting your time and not to mention this can bring on stress and not to mention bring on ick if temp goes too low.
Cories are very easy to stress out if water temps drop to fast and they are prone to shock if the PH changes dramaticly.
I have had a few go belly up due to ph jump.

Before you ajust temp I would assure that the female is plump and full of eggs. Just ajusting temp is useless unless they are fully good and ready.
Danny

Most reactions

Back