Ideas of a mobile app for this forum?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Feel free to laugh at me but iv just though I spend atleast a hour a day on here so others will be on here more , could there not be a mobile app made for this ? iOS and Android so notifications can be sent about watched threads and new posts ? Any ideads

My emails are Stone Age I find I get a email off Amazon sayin my parcel has been delivered 2 days after iv Had it lol

I think the web version find really well on my phone's browser. I don't see signatures unless I tilt the screen but it's a good website.

I think the web version find really well on my phone's browser. I don't see signatures unless I tilt the screen but it's a good website.
Oh I agree the website is bang on , just thought can’t go wrong with an app as photos can be shared easier as there all on our phones , I’m just rambling to be fair but if there is any computer wiz kids out there n bored , knock us an app up plz lol

I find the upload function easy on my phone. I'd say there's a bit of work involved but if you're up for it why not do a beta version and test with few users. That's if the site owners are up for it.

@dascrow is our IT and you need to speak with him. No one should be messing with the website and attempting to add something. :)
I wouldn’t know how to add something I struggle loging in lmao take a better mind than mine to computer code , I find the website easy to use and enjoyable , but for example my little cousin has fish and asks me for advice and I’m no where near as knowledgeable as most members on here hence I’m on here often asking advice , I suggested the website to him and he automatically said is there an app ?? I though how many people of a younger generation are not asking questions because the idea of a website is to sign up then download the app .. apparently lol then I thought I never go to the Facebook website I use the app same as YouTube and so on , I think member could increase with an app and open up more avenues of knowledge not saying there isn’t enough here already , just wanted to see what you Guys thought of the idea bad or good

I have TFF on my favorites so I just click on it to open. I use my smart phone only and have no issues. How do you other guys get on???

I only ever use my phone. I keep the tab open & refresh when I need. It's really easy to add images & mostly the usability is great. The odd time reformatting a longggg message is glitchy. But overall this forum works really, really well. I'm a graphic & UI/UX designer. I honestly would leave the website as is. People are used to using a browser for forums & an app is just a lot of extra work for very little extra usability.

I don't use a phone so I have no idea what Tapatalk is, but it was supported until the December 2019 upgrade, and now it is no longer supported.

Does that mean anything to phone users?

I believe tapatalk is not used as the website works fine on smart phones as well as computer/chromebooks. I use a chromebook for our site if I have to do a lot of typing. I use the iphone for casual browsing of our forums.

I don't use a phone so I've no idea what Tapatalk was other than whenever anyone posted using it there was a sentence at the bottom about it and it downloaded a cookie to my PC.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back