Ideas For 180 Litre Tank

wilchil64

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
281
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
York, UK
I'm still looking for ideas for my 180 litre Juwel Roma tank. I can't decide what to put in ...

At the moment there are 3 rosy barbs, a leopard frog plec and 1 platinum angelfish in there. I want to keep larger fish in there because of the problem I had with a cardinal tetra getting into the filter before.

I could take the barbs and angelfish out if needs be.

Other fish I've thought about are a pair of Rams, some gouramis (maybe lace, or dwarfs), some long finned black widow tetras, boesmani rainbow, paradise fish, red tailed black shark, Apisto Agassizi...

These are just ideas, I'm certainly not planning on putting them all in, just pushing some ideas around.

I would just like a good collection of not too small compatible fish.

(Sorry to anyone who answered to my previous post regarding stocking my tanks - I'm still not sure what to do).
 
Would I be OK stocking the tank like this:

1 boesmani rainbow
1 red tailed black shark
2 rams
3 lace gouramis
4 long finned black widow tetras

plus what is already in, i.e.
1 angel fish (currently under 2 inches)
3 rosy barbs
1 leopard frog plec (3-4 inches)

I know the shark could be a problem, but I've tried not to include any small fish, except the tetras - I understand they are about 2 inches, is that ok?

Thanks.
 
Would I be OK stocking the tank like this:

1 boesmani rainbow
1 red tailed black shark
2 rams
3 lace gouramis
4 long finned black widow tetras

plus what is already in, i.e.
1 angel fish (currently under 2 inches)
3 rosy barbs
1 leopard frog plec (3-4 inches)

I know the shark could be a problem, but I've tried not to include any small fish, except the tetras - I understand they are about 2 inches, is that ok?

Thanks.


Rainbows need to be in groups of 6 or more.
 
if you want gouramis i would personally go for pearls they are stunning once coloured up also have you thought about kribs they are also very attractive fish
 
if you want gouramis i would personally go for pearls they are stunning once coloured up also have you thought about kribs they are also very attractive fish

Yes the pearls are good. I have seen kribs in my lfs but they didn't look very colourful at all, I know photos I've seen of them have been gorgeous.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top