Id My Plant

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Tigsy

Reaction score
hi got this cutting from my sisters tank but shes not sure what it is, can anyone id it please

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 109
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 117
It looks suspicoulsy like alternanthera, if so its not aquatic and will just rot off just below the sand.

cant be that then, my sisters has quadrupled in size.
it grew the height of her tank then across the length
and she has to keep trimming it down.

the cutting in the pic was only half that sie last week

It does look a lot like dragon flame, but all mine just rotted away until I learnt it wasnt aquatic. If you've found an actual aquatic analogue though I'd love to know what it is as the colours are nice.

Was going to say!! I've grown Alternanthera a few times, just a pain to get going and needs decent lighting.

all i know is my sister brought it from our local aquatic centre (all it read was aquatic plant)
anyway shes had it a month or so in a 3ft tank with her mollies guppies n plec.
since having this plant she hasnt added any solutions to the water to help it grow
and lighting is adequate enough for the fish. but she has found that she is having to to constantly trim back
the plant, as it grows rather rapidly. within 4 to 5 days of having this plant it had already grown to the top of her tank
and has since worked its way across the top of the water, the whole length.

i grabbed a cutting as i liked the colours and look of it. i only hope it does as well in my 5ft tank

Alternanthera Reineckii :) its aquatic.

ah cool thanx now i know whats it called :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back