Ick

NickN

New Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello,

I have a fish that had Ick I am on the last day of medication. The fish however still has a few white spots on the tips of his back fin. He only has about 5 or 6 of them. Should I give them another round?
 
Yes. I've usually had to do 2 or 3 doses to get rid of ich entirely, I go one extra dose after the last spot disappears (Not sure about your medicine, mine has a 4 day dosing schedule). There are three stages in the parasite's life cycle - one on the fish, one in the substrate, and lastly one free swimming. The free swimming stage is the one that's vulnerable to medication.
 
Thanks, I went to pick more meds up at the store. I am using API which has a 4 day cycle. Do you do any water change between the 4 day cycles, I was thinking I should do the 25% the box suggest.
 
I do a 20-30% water change with each dose. I use Mardel meds almost exclusively, but the instructions are almost identical to API's ich med.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top