Ich Treatment

Nexorcist

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
California, US
My 29gal tank got ich, i noticed last night and started dosing a bit of coppersafe (it worked good in the past), but now i have many more types of fish and unsure if any of them are sensitive to copper based medication.
I also have plants but not too many and if i lose my plants i wouldn't care much. I also wanna try the salt bath but again unsure if my fish can handle it. Please see my sig for my stock.
I did a heavy gravel vac and good 50% water change yesterday, also lowered water level to increase aeration from my HOB filter, and the temp is about 80F.
Thanks.

PS: Wilder suggested to post here to hopefully get some answers from people who used copper based meds.
 
I've used it many times. Should be fine with those fish, but you may lose the plants. I recommend keeping it in the tank the full 30 days. So when you do a water change. Be sure to put some back in.

I used it for only 2 weeks before and it came back !
 
I've used it many times. Should be fine with those fish, but you may lose the plants. I recommend keeping it in the tank the full 30 days. So when you do a water change. Be sure to put some back in.

I used it for only 2 weeks before and it came back !

Thanks. I did a full dose last night and everyone seems to be ok. The only unusual behaviour I observe is from my Raphael catfish, he seems to be a bit more active and actually left his cave and swimmping, its the first time in 8 months. I'm worried.
 
Never bothered my Pictus. Do you have somthing to move the catfish to ?

Not anymore, my spare 10gal now is a home to ADF's, betta and 5 shrimps, and as far as i know if any copper gets into my shrimp tank its R.I.P. for my shrimps.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top