IBC (UK)

adeyc

Fish Herder
Reaction score
As I'm back and not going away for a long time, a very long time. ( I hear the sound of dissapointed people :laugh: )
I've been thinking about starting up a UK IBC chapter( for those that don't know IBC is "International Betta Congress")
the nearest on to us is Switzerland.
'K so I may not be the best person to organise this vut as no-one has started one yet I'm going to. When I get the info through I'll let you all know what is happening.
And before anyone asks yes it is partlly an excuse for all of us to meet up have a few "bears", talk about bettas, have a few more drinks and then talk a load of rot. But it's more than all that.

In the meantime if you want to find more about the IBC click on the obvious. IBC.org

Why don't you just start a Uk betta group it sounds daft paying for an american society's expences.
Setup your own, there's none in Scotland and let everyone do good of the UK :D

But If you really want to got for it. :D Though If I were into Bettas I'd join. :thumbs:

Good Idea. Bettas or not Join anyway. Just thought as most of thee be#tta stuff is anerican anyway but what the heck(##=%$) if they want to join us they can pay.
Welcome to the Scottish Division International Betta #whatever(#to be decided later)( darn I've lost me smokes)
'K ive been drinkin far to much tonight. :p
Anyway any one intersted say so it';ll be free for a while then the admin 'll start to cost :laugh:

Well it looks like you lost all your prospective members with that drivel you typed above. :laugh:

Oh and ha :laugh: ha :laugh: ha :laugh:
You slag me about drinking, I might start a new group at the bottom of the forum for all hangover sufferers :laugh:

Could you also put sence to what you were trying to say :p

Adeyc, you may not have noticed but I got a few requests to add aquarist societies to the links section, you may want to look at these :D

K then I think I've sobered up enough. :laugh:

As the IBC seems to be the biggest Betta group I know and as the nearest one to the UK is in Switzerland, I thought it would be a good Idea to start a chapter (a regional group) here. Now there are lots of betta lovers in the UK so after thinking while sober for a while it seemed like a good idea, (even better after a few snifters of the water of life).
the benifits of joining an already established group outway the work involved in starting a completely new group.

All it takes is 5 members of the IBC to get together then we can form an official UK chapter.

Davy OOPs, I'll check those link's

Davy.

The fee's for an international membership are $25 for a single or $27 for a family membership ( magazine sent by surface mail) or you could pay $33 or $35 to get the magazine first class, which i assume is air mail.

I've had a good look throiugh the site and it looks a bit too american :look: not thst being american is bad or anything but it just looks like you'd be an outsider looking in :)

Most reactions

Back