I started Advanced Emergency Medical Technician school :(

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TheTenthDoctor

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Long time no see yall,

So I've been busy, but still fishkeeping in some capacity. I redid by Fiancés office tank, with live plants and substrate. Pictures to come later. But now, right when I was about to embark on the first big fish project in 2 years I hit a brick wall. AEMT school loomed up ahead. So now I am drowning in school, confused and irritated about cations and osmolarity, worried that things won't be covered in lectures and terrified of the ever imposing tests. On top of this I broke down and decided to get the COVID vaccine which is a huge mental stress. And I have to have a physical and other paper work signed off :(. And an FBI background check. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? Including test anxiety and feeling stupid? I am doing tons of practice test and quizlets and reading and writing vocabulary so I remember this, but Its just not sticking.

Pls help.

Ps I will post pictures of the office fish tank later.

It'll be ok man! You'll make it through!
I know you want to he in the medical field so keep that in mind and know that you just have to focus and try your best!

Long time no see yall,

So I've been busy, but still fishkeeping in some capacity. I redid by Fiancés office tank, with live plants and substrate. Pictures to come later. But now, right when I was about to embark on the first big fish project in 2 years I hit a brick wall. AEMT school loomed up ahead. So now I am drowning in school, confused and irritated about cations and osmolarity, worried that things won't be covered in lectures and terrified of the ever imposing tests. On top of this I broke down and decided to get the COVID vaccine which is a huge mental stress. And I have to have a physical and other paper work signed off :(. And an FBI background check. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? Including test anxiety and feeling stupid? I am doing tons of practice test and quizlets and reading and writing vocabulary so I remember this, but Its just not sticking.

Pls help.

I'm a paramedic of many years, If you need any advice on material for study aids / test prep or just don't get something in the curriculum, hit me up.

I've had all the vaccines and boosters, and there is no call for stress unless you're afraid of needles (it's not good if you are going to be using science based medications - you're supposed to believe in what you administer to people!). Test anxiety is another issue though. You prep, and when you think you have it down, you stop and try to trust your knowledge. I'm no EMT (hats off to you) but when I have had my limited first responder training, I was terrified I'd forget if it ever got real. It used it twice, and both times the training kicked in like a machine, and I was able to save the person in distress. You'll be the same, in your own version. Hang in there, learn, and then go out and do a tough job that does a lot of good in the world around you.

I've been police background checked a number of times, and always passed. I was arrested and convicted in political protests when I was younger - you really have to have done things like missing 3 consecutive water changes because you felt lazy to have problems in most democracies.

You’ll do well! It’s been hard so far, but you’ve always made it through. Take deep breaths, and if you’re anxious, try to detach from school life, even just a bit. Spend time with your fiancé (congrats on that btw!), take a walk with music playing or sit and watch your fish, maybe do some work on your tanks. The most stressful thing is when it takes over your life and takes away the pleasure you find in other things. Take the time to do the things you love, even if you feel like you need to be spending it on school

You’ll do well! It’s been hard so far, but you’ve always made it through. Take deep breaths, and if you’re anxious, try to detach from school life, even just a bit. Spend time with your fiancé (congrats on that btw!), take a walk with music playing or sit and watch your fish, maybe do some work on your tanks. The most stressful thing is when it takes over your life and takes away the pleasure you find in other things. Take the time to do the things you love, even if you feel like you need to be spending it on school
I think it might be a little easier than EMT school in some aspects, since I am building on the knowledge I already have, but its too early to tell. lol. Thank you for the congrats. :):banana::banana::rofl::banana2::banana3::dreads::hatchetchase::jumprope::rainbow::rock:

I think it might be a little easier than EMT school in some aspects, since I am building on the knowledge I already have, but its too early to tell. lol. Thank you for the congrats. :):banana::banana::rofl::banana2::banana3::dreads::hatchetchase::jumprope::rainbow::rock:
Learn and pay extra close attention during pharmacology and especially the A&P stuff. Too many people blow off A&P cause they think its boring. But it is some of the more important stuff you will learn. Plays into PT assessment which is the most valuable skill you will posess. Figuring out whats wrong with a PT.

Learn and pay extra close attention during pharmacology and especially the A&P stuff. Too many people blow off A&P cause they think its boring. But it is some of the more important stuff you will learn. Plays into PT assessment which is the most valuable skill you will posess. Figuring out whats wrong with a PT.

A&P is my main focus right now! Next week is assessments IDK maybe. I struggle with neuro stuff, but bones and pharmacology are my favorite subjects. Also I really like actual assessments, and using the monitors. I can't wait for 12 lead week :)

Long time no see yall,

Pls help.

I am 45 an studying to take the PTCB...and a child hood cancer survivor who relapsed. The double dose of head radiation and chemo has ruined my memory so this isn't fun, but if I don't pass at the end of January I will have my technician license revoked by the state and no job...so I have to hammer it in somehow. Flashcards used to work for me, but not anymore

Most reactions

trending

Back