I Should Not Be Allowed Near An Lfs

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
8,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So off I popped, just to get some algae wafers I swear, but I couldnt help myself.

Came home with 5 micky mouse platies :D Now have an slightly overstocked purple palace - whooops :blush:

They also had the exact fish I want for my cycling 50g, Ive been looking for these for bl**dy ages and now they have them, whats the betting they wont have them if/when this damn tank decides to actually finish its cycle - never had one take this long before :angry:

Gold Severums :drool:
Congo Tetras :drool:
Geo Brasiliensis (sp?) :hyper:


I would use some mature media, but Ive taken all my spare for the other new tank, anyone near kidderminster if you pop into prestwoods and nick my fish I will be soooooooooo mad :lol:
 
So off I popped, just to get some algae wafers I swear, but I couldnt help myself.

Came home with 5 micky mouse platies :D Now have an slightly overstocked purple palace - whooops :blush:

They also had the exact fish I want for my cycling 50g, Ive been looking for these for bl**dy ages and now they have them, whats the betting they wont have them if/when this damn tank decides to actually finish its cycle - never had one take this long before :angry:

Gold Severums :drool:
Congo Tetras :drool:
Geo Brasiliensis (sp?) :hyper:


I would use some mature media, but Ive taken all my spare for the other new tank, anyone near kidderminster if you pop into prestwoods and nick my fish I will be soooooooooo mad :lol:


LOL i go there qiite often but i dont keep them sort of fish so u should be alrite :P



jen
 
Thank god for that :)

They also have a very large plec who for the last few weeks has been munching merrily on a large angel - I would say something but as I get a lot of my fish from there, I dont want to upset them -_-
 
Thank god for that :)

They also have a very large plec who for the last few weeks has been munching merrily on a large angel - I would say something but as I get a lot of my fish from there, I dont want to upset them -_-


is that the 1 with the red on it's fins and tail lol the bloke tried 2 sell it me last time i was in there seem 2 have booked there idea's up in there TBH there fish was terrible at 1 stage but i went in a couple weeks ago and they seem really healthy now :)


they apparently got that cory expert working there a few days a week now aswell think his names Ian Fuller or somethink like that so they will prob have a nice selection of cory's soon :)


jen
 
I did Shel I swear I had no intentions of buying fish :blush:

Yep Jen thats the one, I feel sorry for it really, no room to move, so I guess the angel is compensation :D

Most times Ive been (I found them about 6 mths ago now) the fish have been in good nick, couple times some looked a little 'off' but so far every fish Ive bought from them has had no problems *touch wood*
 
I love Mickeys.

I know what you mean, every trip to the LFS produces another fish that I just have to keep. I think I've got enough fish picked out so far to keep me busy for another three to five tanks which makes my wife just shake her head.
 
I did Shel I swear I had no intentions of buying fish :blush:

Yep Jen thats the one, I feel sorry for it really, no room to move, so I guess the angel is compensation :D

Most times Ive been (I found them about 6 mths ago now) the fish have been in good nick, couple times some looked a little 'off' but so far every fish Ive bought from them has had no problems *touch wood*


yeh they stock a nice selection of plecs now aswell so will be going abit more often now me thinks lol :)
 
:lol:

we had this problem for a bit, kept going to the fish shop every week and ended up with 8 tanks :rolleyes:

scaled it all back now to just 1 tank, got so much surplus food, dechlor etc etc that we very rarely need to go anymore. blessing in disguise.
 
I went to buy a danio once to finish off my shoal. One little danio - on sale for 65 cents.

I came home with a 55 gallon tank, stand, filter, heater, gravel, rockwork, driftwood and a big bag of randomly selected plants. And no danio.

Ever since then I leave my credit card home when I go to the LFS and only take cash to cover what I'm actually there to get. If I'm just surveying for possible purchases, I leave my money at home entirely.
 
minxy maybe im just being thick but i see at the bottom of your posts it says 55 gallon sa tank whats sa stand for?
 
oh duh i get it now!! i am terrible in the lfs too last sunday i went in to get some liv e food and came out with a pim pictus!
 
ok bad mam alert I now stand outside the ILF and send my 5 year old in to buy what I need excuse is her brother will destroy the shop and she needs to learn about money but I know the blue and coffee platys talk to me :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top