I Need Help With Id Please - Photo's Now Added!

kenster197

New Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Dunfermline
Hi ladies & gents,

My first post here, hope you can help. I've Inherited a tropical tank with a few fish in. I've ID most but not these chaps. There about 2 inches long and "goldfish" orange with quite bright reddish fins and tails. They have very bright orange eyes and they tend to "school". They're not very aggresive and tend to stay in the middle and front of the tank.

Not sure how to add photo's yet.



Hope someone can help

cheers

Kenster
 
Hmmm my first thought was golden or schubert barbs but they've usually got a darker stripe running through them, at least thi'll bump your post!
 
The closest i could find to match this in my book was a Lemon tetra, or a flame tetra.

Im not sure personally im not familliar with this type of fish
 
I had a quick check and it's simillar to the schubert barb but far more orange. I don't think it's a tetra but I'll start to google all the barbs and tetra's I can until I get a name for them.

Thanks for the help guys.......and gals

Kenster
 
Could be an albino buenos aires tetra.


I think that could be the one, i just googled it and found this...

albinobtetra.jpg




this is his (oP)

DSCF0473.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top