I Can't Find This Fishes Species

iwanttofindmyfish

New Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I had a fish for nearly 2 years before my tank developed white spot disease and I loved this fish more than anything.

when I brought this fish It was labelled ' yellow gourami' which clearly It is not. I have a yellow gourami and it's general shape is more oval than circle, and they have patterns and have a golden orange colour about them.

So i've been looking on all different websites to try to find it's correct name but I cannot find any fish like it.
It's not quite a gourami and not quite a discus.

It's to circle for a gourami and not circle enough for a discus.

It grew to around 4 inches in both height and length.

And if it helps the pet shop owner also said "when it grows older it will develop a fluro mask along it's face"
which it did :D

If anyone could help identify it i'd be forever greatful, It's a horrible picture but the only one i have
DSCF8276.jpg
 
I had a fish for nearly 2 years before my tank developed white spot disease and I loved this fish more than anything.

when I brought this fish It was labelled ' yellow gourami' which clearly It is not. I have a yellow gourami and it's general shape is more oval than circle, and they have patterns and have a golden orange colour about them.

So i've been looking on all different websites to try to find it's correct name but I cannot find any fish like it.
It's not quite a gourami and not quite a discus.

It's to circle for a gourami and not circle enough for a discus.

It grew to around 4 inches in both height and length.

And if it helps the pet shop owner also said "when it grows older it will develop a fluro mask along it's face"
which it did :D

If anyone could help identify it i'd be forever greatful, It's a horrible picture but the only one i have
DSCF8276.jpg

Gold severum mate does it look like this?

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww204/l...aa/P1000185.jpg
 
OMG GUYS THANKYOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH<3

I should of done this a long long long time ago.
Instead of yahoo answers and looking through a book with the dumbass petshop owner to try to find it.


can I can have a sir taco version 2.0
 
What size tank are you thinking and what other fish do you have?
 
What size tank are you thinking and what other fish do you have?

Um I originally had it in a 2 1/2 foot tank with some angel fish and it still grew that big.

But now I have a 4 foot tank 120ltrs i think?
with
2-full sized blue gourami's
1-full sized orange gourami
2-baby angel fish
and 15-neons

Would you think it would be okay to get 2 gold severums?
 
No not two, in fact at a push with your stocking I wouldnt even suggest one. A 120L tank is too small, can you give the full dimensions of the tank, 4ft is fine, but the width is also important. Im just saying this as although yours didnt reach full potential, severums can grow pretty large, not only in length but also in their width (girth - I love that word :lol:) anyway, also could be a problem with the angels and your neons wouldnt make it once the severum gets bigger as he/she would see them as food.
 
No not two, in fact at a push with your stocking I wouldnt even suggest one. A 120L tank is too small, can you give the full dimensions of the tank, 4ft is fine, but the width is also important. Im just saying this as although yours didnt reach full potential, severums can grow pretty large, not only in length but also in their width (girth - I love that word :lol:) anyway, also could be a problem with the angels and your neons wouldnt make it once the severum gets bigger as he/she would see them as food.

120ltrs was a complete guess XD

It's 4 ft in length and around 12-15 inches in width.
My last severum was the most gentle fish, he never attempted to kill another and rarely chased a fish around the tank
 

Most reactions

Back
Top