I Am Gutted :(

gaz gun man

Fish Addict
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
943
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kent, UK
Been offered a complete marine set-up worth over £1000 for £350 but I have been told no! :(
 
my mother (living at home!)

I didnt bother to ask questions on what was on offer, as it is a no go.

from the pic I got sent on my phone it looks to be around 150-200L
 
That's terrible Gaz, but where there's a will there's a way. Convince her that it's worth getting, and you'll do so on a trial basis - say two months. It's such a good deal that if after that she is adamant that it has to go you'll still probably be able to sell it for more than you bought it for. Good luck.
 
I've been postering her all morning, the price even includes a clown fish, regal tang, and a six stripe
 
Has she seen Clown fish? Show her some youtube vids of them - they are irresistible : ) I've found that the idea of a new tank doesn't engage the imagination of non-fish people, but once they see it they are enthralled. I've been given definite 'no way' answers by someone who has now given names to the fish in the tank she originally said 'no way' to : ) You could try the strategy that you are only buying it to sell it on for a profit, of course because it is stocked you'll have to take care of it... then in a few weeks it will be a part of the house ; )
 
yeah shes seen them.

I even offered to buy a pair of sea horses (£110!) as she loves them, that didnt even work :(

Its a shame we have a swallow aquatics near us that does alot of marine stuff, including the seahorses.
 
yeah shes seen them.

I even offered to buy a pair of sea horses (£110!) as she loves them, that didnt even work :(

Its a shame we have a swallow aquatics near us that does alot of marine stuff, including the seahorses.


thats a shame why is she so against it?
 
she thinks theres no room.

alright we dont have the biggest place but we have a fireplace with two rectangular alcoves each side, my trop tank is in one of them, the other is pretty much empty.

Still, I suppose the mind of a fish keeper is different to that of a 'normal' person :D
 
she thinks theres no room.

alright we dont have the biggest place but we have a fireplace with two rectangular alcoves each side, my trop tank is in one of them, the other is pretty much empty.

Still, I suppose the mind of a fish keeper is different to that of a 'normal' person :D


well thats true lol,

i stay in a 2 bedroom flat and have 12 tanks lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top