Hows My Stocking?

Ficious

Fish Addict
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Des Moines, IA
its a 20 gallon that had my bichir in. i took him back for some store credit. i bought 2 royal rams?? 1 khuli loach, 3 spotted corys, 1 raphael cat, and 1 fiddler crab. it also has a whiptail pleco in it.


the filter is a marineland penguin 30 with 3 stage filtration. i added mondo grass(shoot this isnt aquatic is it?) amazon sword, valls, and some other plant.
 
I don't want to be rude, but you seriously need to read up on fish before you buy them. It's less stressful on the fish in the end and saves you the trouble of returning fish, etc. All it takes is one Google search or a few questions asked on here. Better to learn before then regret after the fact.


And with that said: The tank is too small for a raphael catfish and the whiptail. Also, fiddler crabs are brackish and require land to climb on, so it should be removed along with the cats.

Add more cories and kuhlis -> they are social species.

Can you get a picture of the rams?
 
I agree with invader.
Also, your stocking is very heavy on the bottom of the tank.
 
alright...the only thing i read up on was the rams because ive never known a thing about them. the raphael i could imagine it needing a bigger pen but seeing that they get dont get too big i figured i could have it for a while until i trade it in. i didnt realize the whiptail needed a bigger tank. how big do they get? right now mines 3 inches and is very docile. im not too please with the corys though because she gave me the biggest ones. i think ones preggy and theyre just the normal plain corys. ill be doing something with the crab as well. the rams are small. in the tank there were also a less colorful species. picked them up for 10 each...is this an ok price?? kuhlie loach was 5...but on the house because i shop there so often.



sorry, no pics...for a couple of days. it needs to be rescaped as well but havent yet found the rocks i want


edit: im thinking about moving the whiptail out and into my bigger tank (which is already heavily stocked)...looks like its about time to buy the 55gallon
 
I agree with invader.
Also, your stocking is very heavy on the bottom of the tank.
Didn't even think of that.

Imo, lose the kuhlis and get some tetras. It would look nice!

n30nt3tra: I love what it says under your avatar... you have the same problem I do! :lol:
 
If I were you I wouldn't worry about the rocks right now.

It doesn't matter that your fish are small now. They will get too big.

The raphael gets to about 8 inches and they live for a long time (5+ years)
The whiptail gets to about 6 inches.
The cories would grow to that size anyway so I dont know why you dont like them

Please research fish before you buy more!

n30nt3tra: I love what it says under your avatar... you have the same problem I do! :lol:
Lol, thanks. :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top