How To Sex An Albino Rainbow Shark

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Sorry to say out of luck if they are immature, adult rules are shadey at best

most obvious - females rounder, males more slim lined, more obvious if the females are with egg

2nd - one has a rounder dorsal tip, the other has like a 90 triangle dorsal, this is far from accurate though sorry cant remember which is which at the moment , try google breeding red tail sharks, might also get few other pointers

Andrew

Sorry to say out of luck if they are immature, adult rules are shadey at best

most obvious - females rounder, males more slim lined, more obvious if the females are with egg

2nd - one has a rounder dorsal tip, the other has like a 90 triangle dorsal, this is far from accurate though sorry cant remember which is which at the moment , try google breeding red tail sharks, might also get few other pointers

Andrew
thanks

What size tank do you have? I tried three rainbow sharks in a 55 and it ended in me getting rid of all of them. They are very aggressive towards there own kind as adults. They'll generally get along until maturity slowly getting more aggressive. You'll find that one becomes the dominant shark one becomes submissive and runs whenever the big guy comes around and the third one will run from both...my smallest shark simply hid behind the filter all the time...never came out for food or anything. Well I got rid of two of them since they are supposed to be okay singly but he became very aggressive towards gouramis... so we got rid of him too. It's very hard to kep multiple sharks together. I suggest returning two of them now or buying a much much larger tank and several more sharks (6 total atleast) Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I wish you luck.

EDIT: if you already knew this I'm sorry to insult your intelligence...but I didn't know and I appreciate everybody telling me=)

What size tank do you have? I tried three rainbow sharks in a 55 and it ended in me getting rid of all of them. They are very aggressive towards there own kind as adults. They'll generally get along until maturity slowly getting more aggressive. You'll find that one becomes the dominant shark one becomes submissive and runs whenever the big guy comes around and the third one will run from both...my smallest shark simply hid behind the filter all the time...never came out for food or anything. Well I got rid of two of them since they are supposed to be okay singly but he became very aggressive towards gouramis... so we got rid of him too. It's very hard to kep multiple sharks together. I suggest returning two of them now or buying a much much larger tank and several more sharks (6 total atleast) Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I wish you luck.

EDIT: if you already knew this I'm sorry to insult your intelligence...but I didn't know and I appreciate everybody telling me=)
thanks... I heard from someone if you have a very heavily planted tank they might not fight. If they do fight I will like you said keep one shark. Although 2 of them are spawing :wub:

Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back