How to raise snails?

Buglet

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I am considering getting a dwarf puffer (or 2) to live by themselves and Iam in the process of finding out everything I can about them before proceeding.

I have learned that they need to eat snails, and I would like to raise the sanils myself, if possible.

I was wondering, how do I set up a tank to just raise snails? What do they eat? Is it relatively easy to do? And what types of snails are best?

Thanks!!

Snails!!! :eek:

When I wanted to raise snails for my Yo-Yo's I setup my old 5 gallon tank, waited, then threw some snails in (I got them free at my LFS), a few guppies (snails aren't too exciting to watch), and a few weeks latter I have roughly 200 snails. I'm now harvesting about 10 snails a day and putting them into my 55.

To feed the snails I just put a piece of lettuce in each week and thats about it.

Good luck with your snail farming.

Whoa! 200 snails?! Yipes :)
But at least it sounds pretty easy!

Thanks!

Breeding snails. Add water, snails, and bam, you'll get a million. Good luck with your puffers.

LOl
I must not have the snail love nest down then, I cannot get the danm things to get jiggy with it :(

my friend asked for some snails from her friend but she gave her to many so she threw what was left in 1 of those betta hex holders and now she has about 20 snails and 15 nests, it doesnt take much for them to get aquainted :hey: .... hey eve try some barry white lol :nod:

*grins*

I have them in a 2 gal tank, its decorated, its filtered, its water parms are puurrfect.
I feed them all kinds of goodies, and I play music for them.
I think they are homosexual snails.

Lol, if you really need snails fast I'd suggest talking to some of these poor people who post about their snail/bunnies, who seem to be taking over their tanks.... we should really start a snail share program or something.....

I think snails have the most perfect reproduction systems on the planet. I doubted people when they said just how insanely prolific they are... then I got a few. A week later I was in the triple digits.

Most reactions

Back