How To Catch Fry

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Westwood

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have had a great success with my firemouths, it was there first time breeding and the first time they have hatched and doing great :fun: : . At the moment they hatched yesterday, :rolleyes: so they may be free swimming around Wednesday. I have read in many guides to separate the fry from the parents, But when is the best time? And also how do you catch them, as i can see this being a night mare? :crazy:

Any Advice appreciated :good:

Westwood

its best to move the parents from the tank but if there are other fish left in there then they will eat them. you have to remove them now before they become free swimming or it will be mission impossible. they will either get eaten, starved or sucked into the filter. this is why when breeding seperate tanks are used, as its a com tank they wont last long im affraid :no:

its best to move the parents from the tank but if there are other fish left in there then they will eat them. you have to remove them now before they become free swimming or it will be mission impossible. they will either get eaten, starved or sucked into the filter. this is why when breeding seperate tanks are used, as its a com tank they wont last long im affraid :no:
If very small you can suck them up in a turkey baster. I use a yogurt pot to catch endlet fry-not easy!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back