How strong should the stand be

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Maybe when your lizard goes bye bye :byebye: you can simply bring the stand into your local fish or pet store and ask them or compare it to what they sell. I used to use the metal cheapy stands and they will hold, the strength comes in there design not actual size, the only thing I would warn you about with them is the fact they have small legs all the weight is placed on 4 little corners (feet) which could cause problems if the tank was placed on the second level of you home ( so placement is key ) also to ease your mind I don't think they sell retile tank stands for standard sized aquariums ( I have never seen one and owned reptiles for years ) I believe you have a proper stand for your aquarium...but of course it is your responsibility to check it out and make 100% sure..

Good luck, sorry to hear your losing ( getting rid of ) your lizard but fish can be just as enjoyable if not more..they don't have claws ;)

I actually bought my stand from Big Als. Since they don't sell reptile stuff I'll assume it isn't a special reptile stand. Anyways, Grey, good idea! I'll go back and make absolute sure that the stand will be ok, I have NO clue why that thought didn't pass through my mind (but I'm blonde so I have an excuse :p ). The manager there is super fish man! He's never lied to me, or given me bad info, he's the only pet store worker around here I trust and I'm sure he'd tell me straight if it's good enough or not.

My beardy still may have a couple years on him yet. He's about 6-7 but in the last 6 months or so he's been really super in-active and eating less and less. So who knows. :/ Just trying to think ahead and get all the stuff I will need for the tank slowly so that the cost doesn't hit me all at once.

Most reactions

Back