How Much Is Reasonable To Ask For

emilythestrange

Fishaholic
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
424
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
GB
After christmas/ january... none of my family want my old 27 UK litre tank.. its such a shame because the tank was £ 27, and it has a light in the hood, and heater, and fluval 1 plus filter (about 4 months old i think) which would of cost around 50-60 pound at least.

now i know that it will sell for nothing.

( someone i know sold their 12 month old marine tank on ebay and had to let it go for £44 )

Sad, but true
 
Just sold a 40L (10g) tank, with filter, lights (including night lights), heater, gravel, 6 months old for £20. So no you dont get much for them.
 
i think it would be worth more to you in the long run, so i would say stuff it in a cupboard till u need it :)
 
Sounds like a good hospital tank to me. I'd keep it in the loft or something - you never know when you'll need it.

Could be tempted to take a sponge out of the Fluval 1, and keep it in your other filter - that was its always cycled if you need to set up the tank.
 
I sold my 60 litre + stand for £60.

The stand alone cost me that!!

I had owned it for a good few years tho, so recon I got my monies worth.

Its really disicult at the moment. Lots of shops seem to be going bust so teh second hand market is full of used tanks. Saw some 4ft tanks with dividers in for £14 on e-bay earlier. Just annoyed I havent the space for any.
 
yep it is a shame

would love to keep it running with a lovely betta in :(
I am working on persuading my family to keep it - its only about 4 months old
 
For the most part, small tank do not hold value well. There is typically too high a turnover in new fishkeepers which floods the used market.

Larger tanks do seem to hold better value, simply b/c they're rarer and appeal to the more hardcore fishkeeper. People who get into the hobby usually keep wanting larger and larger tanks keeping the demand reasonable.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top