How Much Egg Yolk?

Chrs

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Minnesota,USA
My guppy gave birth last night and I'm going to feed the fry egg yolk but I dont know how much. please tell me with a reference to an everyday item like a pen tip or something:) Also is it normal for the fry to not wnat to eat only a hour after birth?

P.S.--- click my eggs!!!!!!!!!
 
why click your eggs? oh is it so your thing survives n you can put it on your sig?....lol
um fry dont need to be constantly fed, my mollies do fine on crushed flakes so i think your guppies will be fine with this.
you should try veggies flakes though, good for lil fish, its normal that they are not hungry i only feed mine once a day n they never pay to much interest anyway,

i would try the egg yolk thing tbh .... waste of an egg imo but if you realy wana do it just about a quarter of a tea spoon is enough
 
My guppy gave birth last night and I'm going to feed the fry egg yolk but I dont know how much. please tell me with a reference to an everyday item like a pen tip or something:) Also is it normal for the fry to not wnat to eat only a hour after birth?

P.S.--- click my eggs!!!!!!!!!
hah igot one
 
The first time I had guppy fry I too messed about with egg yolk, but I soo realised it was a waste of time and I was just making my life more complicated than it needed to be!

They will eat anything I have found, crushed flakes, and the general little bits of stuff that are to be found in a fish tank.
But make sure you have some good hiding places, the fry aren't daft, in my tank the squueze through the tiny gap between the glass walls of my filter housing.

You will discover the problem isn't keeping them alive it is what to do with them all!
 
I'm planning on bringing them to Petco and "donating" them


Click my eggs and dont let them die!!!
 
The egg yolk is for high protein food. I did a little experiment, I placed 10 guppy fry outside in a tub approx 3 gallons which contained a good sized colonies of live food (daphnia,bloodworms,mosquito larvae) but no heater (in direct sunlight though), no filtration (only plant life being algae growing on the sides), no other food just what they catch and the tub never has a water change. My ones that I kept inside are in a 4 gallon heated and filtered tank with their parents and are fed 5-6 times a day and every 2 days live or frozen bloodworms with water changes every 2-3 days. The ones outside have grown a lot more rapidly due to the very high protein diet of the live food and possibly because the hormone the parents are suppose to release too inhibit fry growth so that they are dominant may be another cause. If you give them egg yolk expect your tank to go very cloudy but it is very good for them due to the high protein.

I would feed them 2 times a day with egg yolk, 3 times a day with crushed flake and twice a day with live/frozen/freeze dried food if possible with live food being prefered. colonies of mosquitos and daphnia are easy to set up just leave a buckeet outside with a little flake in and allow it to become heavily covered in algae then add some live daphnia and they will breed rapidly, the mosquitos will lay in the tub whatever the conditions.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top