How Many Fish Should I Add A Day?

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Yep, like what I said on my other thread, I have a 50/50 yes no of trading my bala.


After that, I'll probably get Neons/Glow Lights, maybe a swordtail, a honey gourami and 4 Black skirt tetras. Adding all of them in would be a little stressful, so im thinking. How many a day could I add?


Stock list right now :

- one BST
- one Bala Shark
- one Honey Gourami
- two ADF's
- two swordtails
- three weather loaches.


AFTERWARDS :

- Five BST
- Three Swordtails
- Two ADFS
- Three weather Loaches
- two Honey Gouramis
- 6+ tetras (neons, black or glow lights, still havent made a decision. ):)



Thats my 'future' stock list.

Now, my questions :

1. How many fish should I add a day, keep it slow, as in weeks?
2. Is my tank overstocked, or fine.
3. Could I add more? If so, please suggest. (I don't want any bottom dwellers, I already have a handful with these dojos/weathers. :) I've tamed my adf's, so its okay. :)

Help will be heavily appreciated.
 
Aw, any replies? I got a few more hours till I have to do hmwk, shower, and then go sleep. (Then school, right after I'm going to the mall to do it...)

Take your chance! Read the WALL OF TEXT. @___@

Also, you think I could add a few more ADF's? I love taming my adf's. You put your hand in and they try to burrow into your hand for fun. :) then hopa round on your hand.
 
Adding fish daily isn't a good idea. After adding any fish, the filter bacteria still need to catch up with the new additions. I'd add them every 10-14 days, but still not too many at once.
 
Yep, like what I said on my other thread, I have a 50/50 yes no of trading my bala.


After that, I'll probably get Neons/Glow Lights, maybe a swordtail, a honey gourami and 4 Black skirt tetras. Adding all of them in would be a little stressful, so im thinking. How many a day could I add?


Stock list right now :

- one BST
- one Bala Shark
- one Honey Gourami
- two ADF's
- two swordtails
- three weather loaches.


AFTERWARDS :

- Five BST
- Three Swordtails
- Two ADFS
- Three weather Loaches
- two Honey Gouramis
- 6+ tetras (neons, black or glow lights, still havent made a decision. ):)



Thats my 'future' stock list.

Now, my questions :

1. How many fish should I add a day, keep it slow, as in weeks?
2. Is my tank overstocked, or fine.
3. Could I add more? If so, please suggest. (I don't want any bottom dwellers, I already have a handful with these dojos/weathers. :) I've tamed my adf's, so its okay. :)

Help will be heavily appreciated.

1. Add the fish like vinylman said every 10 - 14 days, personally i would wait 14 days inbetween adding fish.
2. Can't say whether the tank is overstocked or not don't know tank size.
3. again don't know tank size.

post tank size, and i would get neons instead of glowlights.

hope this helps.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top