How Long To Leave Brine Shrimp

Leila2

New Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I bought some freeze dried brine shrimp for my various species of fish and they are very uninterested in the pellets. I put about 10 pellets of it in at 5pm and I am wondering now, at 8pm whether it is important to try and take out as much as I can of what (just about all I put in) is left. How long can it be left for before it becomes a problem? Could it cause food poisoning if left overnight? Does this indicate that they will never want to eat this kind of food?

In case anyone is interested to know what fish are in the tank: one clown loach, one rainbow shark, tiger barbs, zebra danios, zebra loaches, neon tetras, and otocinclus.
 
I would remove has much has you can,if they haven't eaten it by now they probably not interested. otherwise it will start to pollute the water and may cause ammonia/nitrite spike.

When i try my fish on anything new i just put a tiny bit in to see how its taken,if they eat it i give a bit more,like any food,only give what they can eat within a few minutes. being careful not to overfeed. :)
 
I would remove has much has you can,if they haven't eaten it by now they probably not interested. otherwise it will start to pollute the water and may cause ammonia/nitrite spike.

When i try my fish on anything new i just put a tiny bit in to see how its taken,if they eat it i give a bit more,like any food,only give what they can eat within a few minutes. being careful not to overfeed. :)

Thanks for the advice. I now have 750g of shrimp pellets that none of my fish want to touch! But maybe if I put cichlids in my next tank they might like them...
 
perhaps you could try crumbling them into smaller bits,i do this with my freeze dried daphnia has they tend to ignore it when i first put it in then readily took it when i crumbled it up !! daft fish :rolleyes:

Although it is quite amusing to watch my harlequins catching sinking cory pellets and swimming around in its mouth until it disappears :lol:
 
perhaps you could try crumbling them into smaller bits,i do this with my freeze dried daphnia has they tend to ignore it when i first put it in then readily took it when i crumbled it up !! daft fish :rolleyes:

Although it is quite amusing to watch my harlequins catching sinking cory pellets and swimming around in its mouth until it disappears :lol:

I will try that!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top