How Is My Panchax Still Alive?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kilantro

Reaction score
Oh my......... :blush:

Came home from work this afternoon to find my Golden Panchax on the floor...lying all still , covered in dust and fluff from the tiles.
I didn't pick him up as soon as I saw him because he was "obviously" dead...all black and grey coloured.....gross...
so I unpack the groceries, then go to pick him up and he is still ALIVE and barely flapping around in the tissue I picked him up in!!!!

The panchaxes have jumped out a few times, cause they are so excited to EAT.....but they always get put back in straight away, and are fine....
Our tank is COMPLETELY covered....so the last time it would have been open for him to jump out was about......
21 hours previous when we fed them.....I mustn't have noticed his attempt to escape

How is my little fish still alive??????
Anyone else had this?
What do I need to do now so that he stays alive? His tail is a bit mangles and ripped....and he looks a bit fuzzy.
I put him in a little seperate container for him to get his bearings and then let him into the big community tank about 30mins later. Seems to be swimming around okay now...but a bit slow.

??

:hyper: wow good luck to the little fella mabe add some melafix seams to help with torn fins and stress etc kno idea how ur guna keep him safe from himself tho ,my moonlight gourami has done this several times while in the bucket for tank cleaning but moonlights brethe at the surface quite often good luck with ure little guy

My Panchax have been escape artists several times. I have come home to find one flapping around on the floor a couple times, where I think that they have managed to jump out of the hole at the back of the lid where the cables fit through.

I've no idea how long they were out each time (8-10 hours max) but they always seemed to be quite quiet and lazy a day or so after the event before recovering fully.

Hopefully yours will too!

N

I have a related story, it's not quite panchax though. One of my mirror carp jumped out of my pond during the summer at about 2am (I know it was this late because I'd just got in after being down the pub) and it was out on the netting until 7am when my sister found it and put it back in the pond. For a week it look pale and not very health and then turned around and is now one of the biggest fish in my pond weighing at 3lbs 6oz.

How do they survive!?? lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back