How Big Do Black Aros Actually Get?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

prankster705

trolololol
Reaction score
I'm almost afraid to ask with all the hating around here when people ask for stock ideas, so I'll plan that myself and ask for suggestions when I have the founds and plans done...

The thing I want to ask however is what is the normal size for black aros in captivity and what size tank is big enough? Would one be able to live in a 5'x3'x2'?

The reason I am asking this is because there is a lot of conflicting information on the internet and sizes stated range from 24" to 40".

One more question...
Is 5'x3'x2' big enough for an asian aro?

most in captivity go to almost 30" but they are slow growers. i'd say a 5x3x2 could work. the 3' width would do good for an aro especially because it restricts turning to a lesser extent then say 6x2x2.

My black aro is in my 8x32 and I wouldnt put one in anyting less they are very active fish.

I have seen one at about 70cm, dont know if i was fully grown though!

i have seen 45''

Probably silver arowanna...

Straydum... That size is for black aros?
fish size, 30" is a safe margin to work with. for a permanent tank its always the bigger the better. with black aros it works the same with silvers where they say a 180g would do okay but eventually 300g is still the minimum. your 5x3x2 is around 250g so you could go for it. its not the best tank you can give it but its a good one.

I kept a black aro in a 6x2x2 for 7yrs and it was to small

you need a 8x3x2 for life

P1010784.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back