"high Quality Fish Food"

Middle swimmers, they will see it, and come over to it, and eat it. Most fish go to the bottom of the tank and pick up left over flakes.

^ "New Life Spectrum", not " New Life Balance" ( sorry, i figuerd i'd correct ya before someone tried to look it up on google and get a shoe brand website!)

One of the interesting things I read on that site is that flake is a very inferior carrier for nutrition, as compared to pellets. Apparently it takes 60-90 seconds for the vitamin content to mostly leach out of it once it hits the water. They recommend only using flakes if completely necessary. Good to know.

One of the interesting things I read on that site is that flake is a very inferior carrier for nutrition, as compared to pellets. Apparently it takes 60-90 seconds for the vitamin content to mostly leach out of it once it hits the water. They recommend only using flakes if completely necessary. Good to know.
If your fish eat fast I don't see that being such a big problem. My fish tear their flake food to pieces in fifteen seconds flat. Its rare for anything to ever hit bottom.

How exactly are the above deciding what is a good flake?

Surely the way to tell is to first examine the constituent parts of the food (%age protein, carbs, vitamins etc.) and then look at what the fish you keep need and then test the food to see if it contains what it claims.

:lol:

well purely anecdotally i like the hikari foods, the fish seem to go nuts for them and i've experienced good growth and strong colours when using them. I've used everything from the large cichlid pellets to the micro granules that they have and haven't found one that the fish don't go nuts over.

The best Flake/ brand ever in the History of Fish Keeping is " New Life Spectrum". I know people that swear by the stuff, and i've had people go as far as to tell me that if they quit making the food, they'll quit the hobby. I cant afford it. Its 10 dollars ( or E 5) for a Container. I am going to get some as soon as my fav lfs opens up.

Agreed completely. Have you tried looking online. I find its cheaper on ebay/ aquabid than it is at and LFS

Most reactions

Back