Hi Need Advice On A Blackmoor Please Im New Very

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

*blacksnapemoor*

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi evryone, im a 13 year old girl from liverpool an i got a new blackmoor fish yesterday i dont really no how to look after it what tanks an filters to get it what i sould be feeding it or if i need to get it a freind it is currently in a a small unfilterd tank and is eating aquarian goldfish flake food advised from pet store i need help urgent can anybody help me please :rolleyes:
thanks

Hi, there are some good pinned threads about cycling at the top of the forum, check them out and they should explain what to do. In the meantime, you need to get some dechlorinator from the fish shop right away, and treat some tapwater with it (follow the directions on the bottle), and change about a third of your fishes water in his tank every day. Later on, you will be able to do this once a week, but right now you need to do it every day to stop his water from poisoning him with the ammonia that he's producing when he goes to the toilet.
There are lots of things you need to know about his tank size and cycling, but read up here until you know what's happening and he'll be ok. Just make sure you keep up the daily water changes- that's very important to keep him healthy at this stage.
Welcome to the forum, and good on you for asking for advice. Do lots of reading here and you will be fine!!!

thank you very much merry im not 2 sure how to use the dechlorinator plus wont be able to get it till end of the week whould you recomend changing the water twice a day till i can get the stuff the tank is only small dont no how old it is but its quite small 4 now i think. It seems to be healthy but sometimes appers to be swimming on its side an backwards please help

tank has no gravel not sure what sex it is dunt no weather to get it a friend when i get a better tank. What is the least stressful way of changin the water for the please help any advise will be gratfully aprceated thank

ok, if you can't get any water dechlorinator, you are going to have to boil the kettle full of water, tip it into a bucket to cool, and keep doing this until you have a bucketfull of water or as much as you need to change a third of the tank full of water. Make sure the water is cool before you put it in the tank, you can add a few ice cubes to it to help it cool faster (boiling and freezing tapwater helps to get rid of the chlorine that is in it- chlorine will harm your fish).

If your fish is swimming funny- on it's side and things, you need to start doing these water changes right now!!! Twice a day would be really good if you can do it- the more often you can change a third of the tank water, the better, even three times a day if you want.

Also, only feed him a tiny bit every second day- you can feed more later on when your tank is cycled, but at the moment, the extra food and poo in the tank is making the water more poisonous (more ammonia building up in your water).

Have you read about cycling yet? Also, later on your fish is going to need a much, much, much bigger tank- he will grow very big, and you need to get a really big tank as soon as you can, but in the meantime, keep researching and doing water changes.

Some gravel in the tank, and some live plants from your fish shop (they can show you how to plant into the gravel, it's very easy) will help a lot with your fishes health and happiness, and will help to keep the water cleaner.

so:
1. Water changes!!! (you can use a NEW measuring cup or scoop to scoop water into and out of his tank, then, when you go back to the fish shop, ask about a gravel vacuum and get them to show you how to work it)
2. research cycling
3. get some gravel and lots of live (aquatic) plants
4. research tank sizes for blackmoors
5. don't feed him much
6. get a big tank!

Hope this helps, keep asking questions and researching so you can keep him healthy and happy!!

thanks for all the help

where can i resach cycalingand would you like some pictures of the tank an the fish it seems to be preaty active an is it just a falke or tow evry orther day until i can get the de cholriator
:good: :rolleyes:

I think the least stressfull way is to get a python system. You just hook it up to your sink, flip the switch on the system, and it sucks the water up. Then to get water back in, you flip the switch on your sink and direct the system into a bucket, put declorinator in, and dump the water in the tank. You can use it for gravel vacuuming too. You REALLY need declorinator! And do reasearch before you get any more fish. If you would like, I can post a list of supplies that you need. You should read the e-book on this site. It is pinned on the home page.

ok, you need to read here
and here
and also here
this will give you some info on what to do and why. It's a lot of information, but you really need to make the effort, even save it and read it a few times, and refer back to it as you go along. It will really help!!

thank you so muchmy uncle bought me the fish thinking i had a tank an i dident stupid man so i bought a really tempoary 1 an no1 will lend me money to get it stuff so i had to get a lil 1 with no gravel or plants or anythin plus i have never had a fish before so dunno what am doing it seem to be swimming quite quick when iots on its side an normally looks to be playin then returning to normal i will get the stuff asap if you could postb the list it wud b very much apreciated thank you if you need any pics to help advice me further i shall be happy to give them thanks again 4 all the help

hi evryone, i am exspecting to be getting a filterd tank soon in about a week any advice on keeping the fish happy an healty in the mean time i shall probly be getting gravel tomorro or the next day hopefully. i wont be able to get any vacums or anythin for now errmm as i have never had fish or filters i have no idea what to do with it so if some one can help me i would be very greatfulp.s what do all the leters mean that people keep talking about like ph an things so ye if any one can give me any advice at all on keeping it alive and healthy i would really love it an thanks 4 all your help mand :-( plus i dont think i can beer to loose snape please any advice thnks :nod:

yaaaaaaaaaaaay got a filterd tank (no idea what type lol) gravel lil ornament no plants lol an a lil friend thay seem 2 be okay but my blackmoor keeps gettin salt like spots on his kins but then thay go? is this ich? or is gillmo just hungary

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back