Hi All!

K12LVN

Reaction score
Hi All!,
Good evening.

Fairly new to the tropical fish keeping, started last year with a small 60 litre tank but more recently bought 180 litre tank, keep Gupys and Platys as I didn't want anything to difficult to keep until I get the hang of things really so thought it would be nice to join a site with other people who also love keeping fish, plus it's good to have advice / help if and when needed!
Thanks 👋👋
Kelvin

A 60L and now a 180L. It will soon be another 250L tank.
Welcome and enjoy the hobby.
:hi:

A 60L and now a 180L. It will soon be another 250L tank.
Welcome and enjoy the hobby.
:hi:
Haha, well! I was looking at a 450litre!! I sensibly settled on a Juwel Vision 180, and I'm very happy. Just getting it cycled currently 👌

Haha, well! I was looking at a 450litre!! I sensibly settled on a Juwel Vision 180, and I'm very happy. Just getting it cycled currently 👌
OK, you seem hooked... pun intended. ;) Just to give you a warning you were wrong as to having guppies to keep things easy and simple. It is like these beasties are born pregnant. The worst part is that females 'store' sperm. Remove all the males and the females will still be pregnant for 3-4 generations. Don't get me wrong as I think they are cool and pretty fish. In fact, as a a young teen, I used to breed and sell the things. Just be prepared to have a bunch of the beasties. :)

Hello 👋🏻 photos please 😁

OK, you seem hooked... pun intended. ;) Just to give you a warning you were wrong as to having guppies to keep things easy and simple. It is like these beasties are born pregnant. The worst part is that females 'store' sperm. Remove all the males and the females will still be pregnant for 3-4 generations. Don't get me wrong as I think they are cool and pretty fish. In fact, as a a young teen, I used to breed and sell the things. Just be prepared to have a bunch of the beasties. :)
Funny you should say that, I'm not having it with the Guppies but Platys are mating like hell!! I have about 40 babies! Lol.

I've seperated the males of both species in the smaller 60litre I have still 😬

I will post some pics in the coming weeks, I'm just debating whether to get rid of plastic plants or keep atm.
Get rid!!! Live plants all day long👍🏻 they're not as intimidating as it feels in the beginning. Your tank will look amazing and your fish will love you for it

Hi Kelvin,
Nice that you've joined TFF... :hi:

My tank currently, not sure about the purple plastic plant though 🫣😬

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpeg
    IMG_1186.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1192.jpeg
    IMG_1192.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 10

Most reactions

trending