Hey Mods

Getting the same message in firefox and ie9

MAC users you will not be affected...hence why safari (for mac) isn't picking it up.

More info on the problem here:

Unakayak

For those of you not getting the warning check your firewall, antivirus and windows malicious attack tool has been updated..(should have happened last night if auto update is switched on).

Even more detail here:
MSIE ADODB.Stream Object File Installation Weakness

Im on Symantec AV 11, im regularly getting messages saying its blocking trafic for me. Nearly every page i visit.

The browser you use isnt really relevant.

On my home machine Firefox wont even open the site now, probably Avast kicking in and blocking it, didnt pay much attention last night in all honesty.

55298244.jpg

^^ might help a little

Im on Symantec AV 11, im regularly getting messages saying its blocking trafic for me. Nearly every page i visit.

The browser you use isnt really relevant.
]

^^ might help a little

The browser you use is relevant.

Firefox has excellent built in tools for blocking malicious websites, a flaw Microsoft still haven't grasped, MAC users running Safari will not get any warning as Safari for MAC is not configured for this type of attack as it can't exploit any vulnerability in the Mac OS.

A good firewall and AV are still important though!!

Thanks for the pics, hopefully this will help the Webmasters fix the issue.

Yeah, a browser is relevant for protection to some degree, but at this stage people are just trying to identify the problem.

So what im saying is, its not relevant if you can or cant see it, we know its there and its being naughty. :)

Yeah it happened to me last night. I got it sorted on my end though. It didn't start with this sight for me though. FF crashed repeatedly on me which NEVER happened before. I did a full system scan with norton and everything was fine. As soon as I accessed this site I had two attempted attacks on my computer that norton blocked. When I got the second one I flipped my wireless of and reset our houses router/firewall/wireless system. Our internet service got really slow then, which might of been a completely unrelated issue. Anyway I used IE to update FF to 4.0, another reset of the house system and my computer and things seemed to be all better. As mentioned in the other thread I'm not liking the new setup of FF. Tabs should not be on the very top!

Microsoft windows also sent out a TON of updates this last week, like their largest ever I was told. IMO just go through and update everything, that often will fix the problem.

As mentioned in the other thread I'm not liking the new setup of FF. Tabs should not be on the very top!

That surprised me too. But you can turn it off. If you go to View > Toolbars there is an option ticked called "Tabs on Top" if you deselect it then the tabs return the their normal place.

I have to say that my gripe with it is that it's swtiched the "view in new tab" and "view in new window" option around when you right click. Which I'm opening all my extra pages in a new window instead of a new tab, and then swearing lots :angry: Haven't figured out how to switch that back, or if you even can switch it back.

As mentioned in the other thread I'm not liking the new setup of FF. Tabs should not be on the very top!

That surprised me too. But you can turn it off. If you go to View > Toolbars there is an option ticked called "Tabs on Top" if you deselect it then the tabs return the their normal place.

I have to say that my gripe with it is that it's swtiched the "view in new tab" and "view in new window" option around when you right click. Which I'm opening all my extra pages in a new window instead of a new tab, and then swearing lots :angry: Haven't figured out how to switch that back, or if you even can switch it back.
Thanks! I noticed they switched those around too! I've almost adjusted though. Main question is WHYYYY switch around a menu that is basically universal!

I just tried to come to the site using FF 3.6.16 and again it is crashing. I am here on IE6 :-(

Whatever the problem was the fist time through and which was resolved now seems to have returned.

• same, firefox just crashes aswell, i gotta use normal internet
    angry.gif

I just rolled back my firefox to 3.6.15 and it still crashes.

The only other thin that I have done to change my system if the past week was to do a bunch of MSN security updates to XP- my problems happened soon after I did these as well as the upgrade to FF 3.6.16.

It is amazing how nobody can make a decent browswer any more- they all seem to work badly now. I never trusted MSN, I do not tust Google for sure as they may be even more invasive than MSN and now Mozilla seems to be unable to resist all this stuff and are falling right in line with the rest.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back