Hey Guys And Gals, Quick Question :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hey people, not been on here in so long, god I have missed this community :D haha
everything is going well in the tank for now :)!! my fish are showing great colour and seem content! :) except for my dwarf gourami that is now I have heard that they all carry a certain disease but im not sure whats going on, the colour on my gourami has quite simply faded away, the blue has faded to a grey and the red has faded to a light not so vibrant or striking red :( I don't know whats wrong with him he seems to be behaving normally though so I am a little confused, any ideas? do you think it could be the temperature being as its been really hot lately and the tank temp. has gone up!!

the temperature is at about 84F where as before it was around the 78F mark, any long ish term solutions to cool it down I was going to put some ice in the tank if that's okay for the fish ? but then I thought it probably wouldn't cool it down by that much unless I put loads of ice in! and it would just melt pretty quick anyway hmm

Help me out good people :) x

It's possible thatyour dwarf gourami has dwarf gourami disease.

Pointing a fan onto the tank or putting several bottles of frozen water are the best ways to cool down a tank.

that did come to mind :( ahh poor thing
thanks for the reply anyways :) I think im gonna go get the fan and blast some cool air at the tank :)

Sounds good! Just be careful if you have any fish that will jump without a lid on.....

And sorry about your DG, this disease occurs way to often and its always sad to see another with it. :/

i'll take care :)
hes been a great fish so far, always been the star of the show lol! I know I cant really do anything for him but he seems to be living well at the moment still :) don't know how long he'll live for though

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back