Gh: 5
Ph:7.5
No2:0
No3:0
kool
if u want water lettuce dm me, i have a shop and i can give u a coupon :D
or magnolia leaves i can send u some since i have some but i have guppies LOL

Okie, so...
I think I am going to be down-grading my tank to a 29 gallon tank.
My mental health is trash leading me to not want to do water-changes, ect., and I think if I had a smaller tank I'd have more encoragment.
tbh i think it'd be better for the fish and less stressful for me.
My mom said we should move them to a smaller tank if we have such a little amount of fish (I will still be getting more).
I'll still have to talk her into buying a new tank, but I think she'd be pretty ok with it :)

Okie, so...
I think I am going to be down-grading my tank to a 29 gallon tank.
My mental health is trash leading me to not want to do water-changes, ect., and I think if I had a smaller tank I'd have more encoragment.
tbh i think it'd be better for the fish and less stressful for me.
My mom said we should move them to a smaller tank if we have such a little amount of fish (I will still be getting more).
I'll still have to talk her into buying a new tank, but I think she'd be pretty ok with it :)
Fish (stalking):
x10 bloodfin tetras
x10 silvertip tetras
x10 neon tetra
x8 mystery snails

I saw your other thread. I wouldn’t try to put all that in a 29 gallon tank. What fish do you already have?

So, acidic tanks are not needed for keeping tetras.
I personally would only ever keep tetras in acidic tanks. More than that I run all my tanks on the acidic side. It helps with plant growth; it takes away the chance of ammonia spikes and besides a few species of freshwater fish all the fish we keep prefer acidic soft water.

Fish (stalking):

I saw your other thread. I wouldn’t try to put all that in a 29 gallon tank. What fish do you already have?
That was my original stalking plan for my 47 gallon.
Now I plan for 10 bloodfins and 10 Silvertips (tetras)
I have 3 bloodfins and 4 silvertips

That was my original stalking plan for my 47 gallon.
Now I plan for 10 bloodfins and 10 Silvertips (tetras)
I have 3 bloodfins and 4 silvertips
Ohhhhh ok. Are you able to take the bloodfin sand silver tips back to your LFS? I am just thinking you could look into other stocking. You seem very drawn to a peaceful community, and as far as I know these are somewhat large tetras who can be nippy and stressful to some other fish?

Ohhhhh ok. Are you able to take the bloodfin sand silver tips back to your LFS? I am just thinking you could look into other stocking. You seem very drawn to a peaceful community, and as far as I know these are somewhat large tetras who can be nippy and stressful to some other fish?
I've already had them for ~10 months, and the pet store is 2-3 hours away from my house /:
Bloodfins/Silvertips, IMO, are pretty small, about 1/2 inches bigger than neons.
They are very nippy, which is really annoying, but I've heard they do better/are less nippy in larger groups.
I'm trying my hardest to stay away from fish they haven't done well with in the past, but it's the fish I want the most.
So I might just get more Bloodfins and Silvertips (what I need not want) for now and see what happens.
If they still harass/kill each other in a group of 10 each, I might rehome them to someone that knows more about them.

I've already had them for ~10 months, and the pet store is 2-3 hours away from my house /:
Bloodfins/Silvertips, IMO, are pretty small, about 1/2 inches bigger than neons.
They are very nippy, which is really annoying, but I've heard they do better/are less nippy in larger groups.
I'm trying my hardest to stay away from fish they haven't done well with in the past, but it's the fish I want the most.
So I might just get more Bloodfins and Silvertips (what I need not want) for now and see what happens.
If they still harass/kill each other in a group of 10 each, I might rehome them to someone that knows more about them.
Hm. Honestly, I would keep the fish that you want to keep. You have a big, beautiful tank. Stock it with fish that bring you joy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back